Friday, June 15, 2007

From the Kitchen of...

First off look at my sweet boys "Arting" yesterday morning. My three year old is actually striking a pose for the camera with one hand on his hip. Very suave sweetie! Thank you for the watercolor book Mrs. Cheryl!!!
Ok. Lori at Faerie Windows tagged me for a recipe. Which if you haven't stoppped over to see her newest creation you are missing out 'cause he is precious!
So.You all know I don't cook so I concocted a simple meal which only takes 30 minutes tops. UNLESS you are taking pictures. And having some wine. So, honestly, I don't really know how long it would take to make it. At least it's easy. And there's wine involved:) So here's the most action my poor kitchen has seen in years. You might want to cover the children's eyes.
First you need red wine. Some to serve and some to use for the recipe. And music. Mazzy Star worked well.

And bread baked by someone that's not me:) I also served cooked shrimp and cocktail sauce as a before dinner snack.

List of ingredients:

  • 1 bunch fresh asparagus ( or broccoli or any other fresh veggie of choice)
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 packages Fettuccine (I used the fresh 'cause it only takes three minutes)
  • 1 container Light Alfredo sauce ( I used some you can microwave 'cause I'm a loser in the kitchen:)
  • 2 pounds Fresh Sea Scallops (shrimp would do well too. Or chicken. Meat. Meat does well)
  • Salt'NPeppa
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to medium hot skillet.

Add scallops and Mr. Salt.

Don't forget Mrs. Pepper.

And one for my Homeys.
Saute scallops until they are browned on both sides. I kept them in the pan about 10 minutes.
And don't try to screw the olive oil cap onto the uncorked bottle of wine just because you usually re-screw a cap after pouring a glass of wine. Just........no.
Add the asparagus to your boiling pasta water and cook for 3 minutes.

Zap it for two minutes.
Remove asparagus and add pasta and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain pasta when done.

Scallops should look like this when they are done. Transfer everything to plates and serve.
TA-DAAA!!!!
Hey, at least it's not Lunchables.
Now run on over to Stash Studios for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment