Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Free Image Tuesday...EBAY find...Journal page...


Look!!! Sweet Mrs. Nancy Maxwell James of Vintage Papers made a card with one of my free images!!!! Yeah! It is a beautiful card. Thank you Nancy. I am tickled that you used it and shared with us:)


This is a full plate tintype I recently purchased. It is about 8 by 6 in size, so large for a tintype photo. The coolest thing about it to me is that I think it is a tintype copy of an ambrotype photo. So it really is one of the earliest forms of photocopy. Cool, huh? You can see the edges of the ambrotype and where the original photo had been in an oval frame. I also love the little girl and the sad face of the mother.

This next photo I found on EBAY and it went way to high for my pocket book:) But I wanted to share it because it's so unusual. Poor little things. At least they were found and taken care of by someone who cared. You can enlarge the back of the photo to read about them. It says,"I found them in a stable on one of the coldest days in winter without fire, or clothing. Their bed was in the dirty straw taken from under the horses. Parents drunk and of the most unpromising kind."


This is a journal page.

No comments:

Post a Comment