Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week....



Collage made from 1880's school book pages, vintage music pages, mid to late 1800's CDV card and vintage images of children from my collection, painted wooden egg , shredded paper, altered doll house books and vintage skeleton key.

This is the collage I made for the 7 year old's teacher. She is really great and just stern enough to get him motivated. It will be placed in a shadowbox, but I can't get a good picture because of the glass. (edited:Ok, got one ok picture of the shadowbox without the flash). Actually, I can't seem to get a good picture at all, so I posted both. Sorry! I miss teaching. I love staying home with the boys but I do miss the classroom. I miss that one moment that happens during the day where you know in your heart you are connecting with every child, you have their rapt attention and you are getting through. It's a total high.
edited to add: I just saw this at Stash Studios. Please keep this sweet baby in your prayers. I am so sad her family has to go through not knowing what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment