Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks...


Ok. I thought it would be romantic to learn how to use a fountain pen. So I bought a set with instruction books and practice paper and pens. Yeah. Not so much romantic and more like NOT fun at all! Maybe I should give it some more time and I am being a perfectionist and too impatient. I just had notions about how my pen would flow over the page and create wonderful letters. It is really closer to fits and starts with a lot of blotting in between, oh, and the cramping from trying to hold your hand at a constant 45 degree angle. All I can say is thank goodness for computer fonts, 'cause I don't really see me mastering this craft! LOL!!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. We are staying inside out of the cold (high today in the 30's!) and continuing to recuperate. Thank you everyone for all your sweet get well notes:) The boys are holding steady which is good and I slept through the night last night which is beyond good:)
"...for a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin-real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served or a debt to be paid. THEN life would begin.
At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."
~Daisaku Ikeda

No comments:

Post a Comment