Tuesday, November 20, 2007

FIT and More To Come....

First, I want to thank sweet Rella for the wonderful art piece she gifted me. It is an honor sweetie! It is so lovely and I will share pictures tomorrow. My camera ran out of batteries this morning and I need to make a trip to the store for more. I should know better by now to ALWAYS have them in bulk! LOL!!!

I also want to thank sweet Kari and Kijsa for blogging about the beautiful tags they made with some of the blue ledger paper I sent to them. Thank you so much sweeties!!! They are fabulous so go run to their blog and feast your eyes!


I only have a limited time tonight but I have found the most wonderful ledger!!!! It is a store ledger from 1887 and it is so facinating. Just like a novel for me. The handwriting is very clear and legible. I have been reading over it most of this evening. The FIT for today is a page from the ledger and I will share more pages with you tomorrow. This page is an example of the things the store provided the community and the prices.

I have learned so many things! Like you went to the store to get a tooth pulled and it cost .50!! And when a loved one died you had to go to the store and purchase the nails for their coffin. I never really thought about that. So sad! There were a lot of deaths and I think it was an influenza outbreak, but I am not sure. I am still doing some detective work:)

Anyway, I am sooo excited to share this with you and I hope you enjoy learning about this community along with me:) Love, Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment